Australian Golf Heritage Society Forum

Welcome to the second incarnation of the Australian Golf Heritage Society forum. All members of the Society are invited to actively participate in the Forum, and to share their experience, knowledge, ideas and wisdom.

As a Guest you are able to read posts, but to contribute you need to register. This is a simple matter of clicking on the 'Register' link, and following your nose. Help is always available if you need it. Please note that this is a forum for the sharing of opinions, ideas and knowledge, and we would ask that you respect everyone's opinions, ideas, and knowledge.

If you disagree with something said, by all means air that disagreement respectfully. If you feel the need to become insulting or abusive, you will quickly feel the need to find another forum. I can do that.

Welcome again - and enjoy.

You are not logged in.

#1 28-10-2015 16:49:55

Pipdog
Putter

Barn Find - Steel shafts only

If anyone wants any of these (FREE), please eMail.  Otherwise I will strip the good bits and scrap metal.

Left to right:
1. Chesterfield K.D.G. Nagle Stainless Steel Precision Ground 8 iron (notice the steel shaft is flared at the hosel - first one I've seen).
2. 5 x Slazenger N. G. von Nida Stainless Masters Model 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9(putter) irons.
3. Wm McKenzie Stainless 8 1/2 iron (yes, eight and a half) on sole.
4. Wm McKenzie English Stainless. 3, 5 irons.
5. Power Flight Stainless Hand Forged Deluxe 7 iron.
6. Palmers Arrow Stainless Steel Precision Ground 6 iron.
7. 2 Wood Harry Mullard Bankstown Golf Club.
8. 2 Wood Rex Lake Chesterfield Product.
9. Alloy head putter.  W. Holder.

Also Scorecards:
A. The Coffs Harbour Golf Club.  Pale green.  Phone number is 244.  Unused.  Not bad condition.
B. Northcoat Public Golf Course.  Phone number is YB1378.  Only half of it left, and rat chewed.  Sentimental value only?

EMail if you want any more info or photos.
Cheers

DSCN9889.jpg

DSCN9890.jpg

Last edited by Pipdog (28-10-2015 16:52:26)

Have a few clubs, mostly junk, but all playable.

#2 29-10-2015 14:06:12

SFBUM
Putter
Website

Re: Barn Find - Steel shafts only

Rob,

The first set of clubs I ever owned were Chesterfield Greenfinders, and were hand-me-downs from my father. I still have one of the originals:

Small_Chesterfield_Before_5.jpg

an 8A sand iron, and have been trying to put together a like set for a while.

On this slender premise, it would make me a very happy boy if I could get the Chesterfield 8 iron and the two woods from you. big_smile

Last edited by SFBUM (29-10-2015 14:06:32)

Gone golfing - be back at dark thirty.

#3 30-10-2015 19:03:35

Pipdog
Putter

No problem.  Will take them to our next event.
By the way, what does SFBUM mean?  (Don't want to know if it's unmentionable).

#4 30-10-2015 20:32:20

SFBUM
Putter
Website

Thanks Rob - much appreciated.

It was a label put on me many years ago by a bloke I worked with - Short Fat Bald Ugly Man.

I thought it was time that I had a pseudonym to use.

Last edited by SFBUM (30-10-2015 20:34:13)

#5 22-11-2015 19:05:21

Pipdog
Putter

All done and dusted.  Homes have been found.

Have cut three up for my granddaughter, to introduce her to the game.  I am sure Mr Von Nida would not be upset.

This one shows 3 irons from the Von (5, 7, putter), with a Spalding 5 Wood.  The 65mm sewer pipe on the right is the bag.
DSCN9904.jpg

The clubs have been shortened to 7 year-old length, and the iron heads have been reduced in size (compare to an original on the right).
DSCN9909.jpg

The slots in the pipe (one at top, and one about 1/3 the way down) are for a shoulder strap (read trouser belt) to weave through to allow length adjustment.  (So that's why my pants keep......)
DSCN9906.jpg

#6 23-11-2015 16:54:08

Pipdog
Putter

Ready for a 7 year old - strap adjustment and first round at Tamworth around Christmas.
DSCN9910.jpg

#7 24-11-2015 20:15:25

SFBUM
Putter
Website

Great job Rob. Fingers crossed that your granddaughter is as impressed as I am.

#8 04-02-2016 10:27:03

SFBUM
Putter
Website

Hey Rob,

How did your granddaughter go with her clubs?

#9 04-02-2016 11:21:15

Pipdog
Putter

I made another, smaller set of three (Driver, Iron, Putter) for my grandson, and took both sets to Tamworth where the whole family went for Christmas on the farm.  My son is a PGA Pro, so he took the two kids and sets out into the paddock.  Granddaughter (aged 7) lasted about 5 minutes, and wandered off to play with the dog.  Grandson (aged 5, and still in the dark - not sure if his light will ever come on) lasted about 15 minutes, pushing the ball along the ground with the putter, and then hand placing it into the hole.  My son simply said "Sorry Dad, they're not ready yet.....".
However, a 4 year old relation (girl) took one look at the clubs and said "Where is the hole?".  She then proceeded to use an iron like she was sweeping the floor, and hit the ball into the hole about 20 metres away in 3 shots for a par.  After 30 minutes, we suggested she had had enough.  I think she is an alien.....

#10 11-04-2016 20:39:12

golferjames

Hi All
I have a golf ball Slazenger B51 with a bear on it that is two tone orange. It has a B51 box with Jack Nicklaus signature. Can anyone give me any information about this ball please? I would add a picture but I don't know how and its to late to call the administrator and this is my first post

Board footer