Australian Golf Heritage Society Forum

Welcome to the second incarnation of the Australian Golf Heritage Society forum. All members of the Society are invited to actively participate in the Forum, and to share their experience, knowledge, ideas and wisdom.

As a Guest you are able to read posts, but to contribute you need to register. This is a simple matter of clicking on the 'Register' link, and following your nose. Help is always available if you need it. Please note that this is a forum for the sharing of opinions, ideas and knowledge, and we would ask that you respect everyone's opinions, ideas, and knowledge.

If you disagree with something said, by all means air that disagreement respectfully. If you feel the need to become insulting or abusive, you will quickly feel the need to find another forum. I can do that.

Welcome again - and enjoy.

You are not logged in.

#1 04-11-2015 13:29:59

Pipdog
Putter

Resuscitating Old Bag

NO.  I am not trying to bring my mother-in-law back to life.
Found old leather bag - probably from the 60's - the bag part is in pretty good nick after some treatment with Oakwood Leather Conditioner.
However, the shoulder strap, bottom storage compartment and other bits are non-recoverable.
Removed the bottom compartment, and will attach the two 4mm stainless wire eye straps to the 20x10x2 rectangular tube, and put the tube inside the bag.  The top eye will sit through the existing ring, and the bottom eye will come out where the original shoulder strap was fixed.  The tube will be the full length of the bag, so that when lifted, the weight will be on the tube, rather than the bag.
The new shoulder strap is from a later bag and has clips on each end.

DSCN9891.jpg

DSCN9892.jpg

DSCN9893.jpg

Have a few clubs, mostly junk, but all playable.

#2 04-11-2015 19:27:23

SFBUM
Putter
Website

Re: Resuscitating Old Bag

I think I can see what you are doing here, but my non-engineering brain is struggling with the measurements of the rectangular tube. Is that it laying next to the bag?

Gone golfing - be back at dark thirty.

#3 05-11-2015 08:04:32

Pipdog
Putter

Yep.
Bag finished and now useable.
Cheers.

DSCN9896.jpg

DSCN9894.jpg

DSCN9895.jpg

#4 05-11-2015 12:14:56

Pipdog
Putter

Finishing Touch.
The dividing strap was missing from the bag.
Wife says: "I've lost my best brown leather belt somewhere".
Wife also says:  "The shoulder pad off the seat belt on my side of the car has disappeared"...................
DSCN9897.jpg

Board footer