Australian Golf Heritage Society Forum

Welcome to the second incarnation of the Australian Golf Heritage Society forum. All members of the Society are invited to actively participate in the Forum, and to share their experience, knowledge, ideas and wisdom.

As a Guest you are able to read posts, but to contribute you need to register. This is a simple matter of clicking on the 'Register' link, and following your nose. Help is always available if you need it. Please note that this is a forum for the sharing of opinions, ideas and knowledge, and we would ask that you respect everyone's opinions, ideas, and knowledge.

If you disagree with something said, by all means air that disagreement respectfully. If you feel the need to become insulting or abusive, you will quickly feel the need to find another forum. I can do that.

Welcome again - and enjoy.

You are not logged in.

#1 10-05-2016 18:05:17

admin
Administrator

Museum 'Object of the Month' - May 2016

The Australian Golf Heritage Society regularly sets up displays at golf events - the Australian Open, the NSW Open, the Ladies NSW Open, and so on. At each of these events, objects from the Museum are rotated through the displays so that visitors can see quality artefacts from the rich history of golf. Regardless of the rarity, value, collectibility or provenance of clubs that are put on public view, one that always grabs the attention of visitors is the Orizaba Power Pod driver. Read more at:

http://www.australiangolfheritage.org.a … 201605ootm

smallpowerpod01.jpg

smallpowerpod03a.jpg

smallpowerpod04.jpg

#2 10-05-2016 18:50:57

Pipdog
Putter

Re: Museum 'Object of the Month' - May 2016

I bet the R&A had to be treated for shock when this "thing" was released.

Have a few clubs, mostly junk, but all playable.

#3 14-05-2016 21:04:37

Ross Baker Golf
Putter

Thanks for your kind mention of my past comments re the "Power Pod" Jim Flood (Inventor) is a bit of a fan of mine! There is "No Question" that the Power Pod is the most talked about Exhibit wherever I have had a display. Giving rise to a Timely Reminder to Museum Curators, "It Isn't the "Exhibit" you deem to be the Most Important or Most Interesting!" It is the "Exhibit" the Visitors Deem to be "The Most Important / Most Interesting!" Simply Put.. The Customer is Always Right!

Jim Flood had been a Good Tour Player, but retired to put some of his Theories to Practice..

This was his Basakwerd Putter, where the "Neck" of the putter is at the "Toe" of the Blade.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

#4 14-05-2016 21:07:33

Ross Baker Golf
Putter

I have a number of other Jim Flood Clubs I can post if people are interested. Kind Regards Ross..

#5 15-05-2016 21:43:57

SFBUM
Putter
Website

Ross,

What's it like to use?

Gone golfing - be back at dark thirty.

Board footer