Australian Golf Heritage Society Forum

Welcome to the second incarnation of the Australian Golf Heritage Society forum. All members of the Society are invited to actively participate in the Forum, and to share their experience, knowledge, ideas and wisdom.

As a Guest you are able to read posts, but to contribute you need to register. This is a simple matter of clicking on the 'Register' link, and following your nose. Help is always available if you need it. Please note that this is a forum for the sharing of opinions, ideas and knowledge, and we would ask that you respect everyone's opinions, ideas, and knowledge.

If you disagree with something said, by all means air that disagreement respectfully. If you feel the need to become insulting or abusive, you will quickly feel the need to find another forum. I can do that.

Welcome again - and enjoy.

You are not logged in.

#1 22-11-2015 18:44:06

darronwatt

Wagga City Club Championships 2015

Just finished my second attempt at a club championship using hickory clubs.

The first two rounds were played on a very long, heavy & wet golf course that was very unfriendly for hickory.

Rounds of 81 and 79 saw me 9 shots behind the leader.

Yesterday we had horrendous winds and I got caught out big time on the long par 4's into the wind.

I walked off with 80 after two triple bogeys. Amazingly I made up a shot on the leader to be 8 shots behind going into the last round sitting in 4th place.

A final round of 75 ( 3 over and lowest round of the day) saw me make up 6 shots on the leader and field.  I fell two shots short of the victory.

Second Place -- you guys know that I have an uncanny ability to finish second.

80, 79, 81, 75 -- 315  ( 6117 metres from the back markers)

Last year I shot 79,78,79,80 -- 316 and 3 shots from victory in 3rd place.

Who knows what next year will bring.

Hope you are all enjoying your hickory rounds.

Darron

#2 24-11-2015 20:40:41

SFBUM
Putter
Website

Re: Wagga City Club Championships 2015

Well done mate!

Would you might if I padded this out a bit, and put it up on the website?

Gone golfing - be back at dark thirty.

#3 25-11-2015 07:50:57

darronwatt

Re: Wagga City Club Championships 2015

Happy for you to put it on the website.

If they post an article in our local newspaper I will send you a link

Cheers

Board footer