Australian Golf Heritage Society Forum

Welcome to the second incarnation of the Australian Golf Heritage Society forum. All members of the Society are invited to actively participate in the Forum, and to share their experience, knowledge, ideas and wisdom.

As a Guest you are able to read posts, but to contribute you need to register. This is a simple matter of clicking on the 'Register' link, and following your nose. Help is always available if you need it. Please note that this is a forum for the sharing of opinions, ideas and knowledge, and we would ask that you respect everyone's opinions, ideas, and knowledge.

If you disagree with something said, by all means air that disagreement respectfully. If you feel the need to become insulting or abusive, you will quickly feel the need to find another forum. I can do that.

Welcome again - and enjoy.

You are not logged in.

#1 23-10-2015 19:03:25

darronwatt

Australian Open 2015

Hi Guys

Looks like I will be in Sydney for the week of the Australian Open tournament at the Aussie.

Just wondering if anyone has a schedule / plan of attack for the AGHS and its display at the tournament.

If the stars align I might be able to help out?

Otherwise who should I speak to about the display / tent at the tournament.

In an ideal world it would be great for us to put on a playing display but that may be years away.

Cheers  Darron

#2 23-10-2015 19:54:18

SFBUM
Putter
Website

Re: Australian Open 2015

Darron,

As a non-commercial (read non-paying) enterprise, we are a little limited in what we can do. Generally, it is just sit around and watch either Ross Baker or Norm Richardson work on club repairs/manufacture, and answer questions. Tom Moore generally takes some of his collection for display, Tony Doggett does the same, and even I have taken along a few bits and bobs.

Ross Baker is supposed to be coming up from Tasmania, so he will probably do his 'make a club' over the four days. Best to speak to Tom about anything specific you can contribute.

A couple of years ago, Royal Sydney cut half a dozen holes in one of the green of their Centenary course, and let us use it with hickory putters. It was absolutely full on for the two days I was out there - generated a lot of interest, and we sold a lot of putters. Even allowing people to have a hit with a hickory club would be a step in the right direction, but there are - I understand - a few insurance considerations.

Gone golfing - be back at dark thirty.

Board footer